Trifexis® for Dogs is a once a month chewable tablet that kills fleas and prevents heartworms, and treats and controls adult roundworm, hookworm, and whipworm infections. Checkout our Heartworm Comparison to compare heartworm prevention products.
Who is Trifexis Chewable Tablets for Dogs for?
Trifexis is for dogs and puppies 8 weeks of age or older. Trifexis should not be used on puppies or dogs under 5 lbs.
Why use Trifexis Chewable Tablets for Dogs?
- Trifexis chewable tablets kill fleas before they lay eggs and kill biting fleas within 30 minutes of administration.
- Trifexis treats and controls roundworms, hookworms, and whipworms.
- Trifexis prevents heartworm disease and kills immature heartworms.
- Trifexis is the most prescribed combo parasite protection
- Beef flavored tablet that dogs love.
How does Trifexis Chewable Tablets for Dogs work?
- In one monthly tablet, Trifexis prevents flea infestations and protects your dog from parasites.
- Spinosad (primary ingredient) kills adult fleas, preventing flea infestation.
- Spinosad targets activation of nicotinic acetylcholine receptors (nAChRs) in insects.
- Begins working in 30 minutes.
- Proven to kill 100% of all biting fleas.
- Milbemycin Oxime (active ingredient) is used to prevent heartworms and kill immature heartworms.
- Milbemycin Oxime kills adult hookworms, roundworms, and whipworms.
Active ingredient(s): Spinosad and Milbemycin Oxime
How is Trifexis Chewable Tablets for Dogs sold?
Trifexis cheweable tablets for dogs are sold in 1, 3, 6, or 12 month supplies based on your dog's weight. Boxes are color coded to weight.
- Trifexis Pink: 5-10 lbs
- Trifexis Orange: 10-20 lbs
- Trifexis Green: 20-40 lbs
- Trifexis Blue: 40-60 lbs
- Trifexis Brown: 60-120 lbs
What are the side effects of Trifexis Chewable Tablets for Dogs?
The most common adverse reactions in clinical trials were:
-Pruritus (itchy skin)
You may give your dog another dose if vomiting occurs with an hour of dose. Puppies younger than 14 weeks of age may experience a higher rate of vomiting.
What special precautions are there?
- Before starting Trifexis, your dog should be tested for heartworm infestation.
- Use with caution in dogs with pre-existing epilepsy.
- Trifexis has not been evaluated for safe use in breeding females.
What to do if overdose?
In the event of overdose or adverse reaction while using Trifexis, contact your closest emergency pet hospital.
How can I store Trifexis Chewable Tablets for Dogs?
Store at room temperature between 68-77° F.
For full heartworm prevention, ensure your dog gets three monthly doses after his/her last exposure to mosquitoes.
Trifexis doesn't require you to isolate your dog from other pets during treatment.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.