Reconcile Flavored Chewable Tablets for Dogs are once-daily fluoxetine hydrochloride tablets that work together with behavior modification to treat symptoms of separation anxiety. FDA-approved, these tablets can also improve the receptivity of your dog to the behavior modification plan.
Who is Reconcile Flavored Chewable Tablets for Dogs, 30 Ct. for?
For use in puppies (ages 8 weeks and up; 8.8 pounds and up) and dogs.
Why use Reconcile Flavored Chewable Tablets for Dogs, 30 Ct.?
Features of Reconcile:
- Diminishes severity and frequency of symptoms of anxiety
- Aids in behavior modification to reduce separation anxiety
How does Reconcile Flavored Chewable Tablets for Dogs, 30 Ct. work?
Reconcile Tablets contain fluoxetine hydrochloride, which is a SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor. This ingredient works to affect bodily chemicals within your pet that can lead to obsessive compulsive behavior, panic, depression, and anxiety.
PRN Pharmacal, Inc.
How is Reconcile Flavored Chewable Tablets for Dogs, 30 Ct. sold?
30 flavored chewable tablet bottles in the following strengths depending on your dogs weight :
- 8 mg (8.8-17.6 lbs)
- 16 mg (17.7-35.2 lbs)
- 32 mg (35.3-70.4 lbs)
- 64 mg (70.5-140.8 lbs)
What are the side effects of Reconcile Flavored Chewable Tablets for Dogs, 30 Ct.?
Potential adverse reactions include:
- Seizures, even in dogs who do not have a history of seizures or epilepsy
- Decreased appetite
What special precautions are there?
- Not indicated for treating aggression.
- Do not use in dogs with hypersensitivity to SSRIs like fluoxetine HCI.
- Do not use with any medication that lowers seizure thresholds, including chlorpromazine, acepromazine, or phenothiazines.
- Do not use in dogs with history of seizures or epilepsy.
- Do not use in humans.
- Keep out of reach of animals and children.
- Observe a six-week washout period after withdrawing use before administering any medication that can cause adverse reactions with norfluoxetine or fluoxetine.
- Do not use in conjunction with any MAOI drug, such as amitraz, selegiline hydrochloride (L-deprenyl), or within a period of two weeks of discontinuation of MAOI use.
What to do if overdose?
Contact your closest emergency animal hospital.
How can I store Reconcile Flavored Chewable Tablets for Dogs, 30 Ct.?
Store between 68-77°F (20-25°C). Excursions permitted between 15-30°C (59-86°F). Do not remove desiccant canister from the bottle. Completely close bottle between uses.
Your pet should undergo a complete veterinary exam before starting on Reconcile. This will rule out any causes of unwanted behavior that may be unrelated to your dog's separation anxiety.
Pharmacists are standing by to offer Pet Parent counseling regarding prescription medication purchased from Allivet before and after dispensing. Pharmacists on duty are available Monday-Friday, 9:30AM - 5:30PM EST and will be on call Saturday 12:00PM - 4:00PM EST for consultation.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.