Posatex Otic Suspension is an antifungal, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial medication used to treat otitis externa (swimmer's ear) associated with susceptible bacteria and yeast strains.
What is POSATEX Otic Suspension?
Posatex Otic Suspension is an anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal medication for dogs that treats otitis externa associated with susceptible strains of yeast and bacteria.
Who is POSATEX Otic Suspension for?
For use in dogs.
Why use POSATEX Otic Suspension?
Features of Posatex:
- Treats certain types of bacteria, including enterococcus faecalis, pseudomonas aeruginosa, and coagulase positive staphylococci
- Treats certain strains of infection caused by yeasts like malassezia pachydermatis
- Strong anti-inflammatory drug used to treat otitis externa (swimmer's ear) or ear infections
How does POSATEX Otic Suspension work?
Posatex combines Mometasone Furoate Monohydrate, a strong anti-inflammatory; Orbifloxacin, a broad-spectrum antibiotic; and Novel triazole, an antifungal relatively new to animal health.
Merck Animal Health
1.0% Orbifloxacin, 0.1% Mometasone Furoate Monohydrate and 0.1% Posaconazole, Otic Suspension
How is POSATEX Otic Suspension sold?
Available in plastic bottles of 7.5g, 15g, and 30g.
What are the side effects of POSATEX Otic Suspension?
Potential adverse reactions relate to the individual ingredients found in the formula.
- Posaconazole is an antifungal.
- Mometasone is a topically applied corticosteroid. Long-term use of corticosteroids is associated with iatrogenic hyperadrenocorticism (Cushing's disease) and adrenocortical suppression.
- Intrinsic administration of quinolones like orbifloxacin is known to result in cartilage erosion in weight-bearing joints and other symptoms of arthropathy (joint disease) in various species of immature animals.
Other reactions could occur. Discuss any concerning side effects or anything that is bothersome or unusual for your pet.
What special precautions are there?
Posatex is not approved for safe use in dogs with tympanic membrane (eardrum) perforations.
It is not recommended for dogs with suspected or known allergies to posaconazole, mometasone furoate monohydrate, or quinolones.
What to do if overdose?
Contact your closest emergency animal hospital.
You may also contact Merck Animal Health Pharmacovigilance: Companion Animal Technical Services, 800-224-5318.
How can I store POSATEX Otic Suspension?
Store at room temperature.
Do not use any other ear medications unless specifically directed to do so by your pet's veterinarian.
Pharmacists are standing by to offer Pet Parent counseling regarding prescription medication purchased from Allivet before and after dispensing. Pharmacists on duty are available Monday-Friday, 9:30AM - 5:30PM EST and will be on call Saturday 12:00PM - 4:00PM EST for consultation.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.