Enalapril Tablets are useful in treating high blood pressure, as well as severe, moderate, or mild heart failure. It is usually prescribed in conjunction with other drugs.*Sold per Tablet.
Who is Enalapril Tablet for?
For use in cats and dogs.
Why use Enalapril Tablet?
Enalapril lowers blood pressure and improves the health of the heart.
How does Enalapril Tablet work?
Enalapril blocks the bodily enzyme that is required to produce a blood vessel-tightening substance. This results in relaxation of the vessels, which causes lower blood pressure and an increase of oxygen and blood to the heart.
LEK PHARMACEUTICALS, TARO PHARMACEUTICAL, Wockhardt, Oceanside or other generic brand
How is Enalapril Tablet sold?
Sold by the tablet in 2.5 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg & 20 mg strengths
What are the side effects of Enalapril Tablet?
If you observe any of the following serious allergic reactions, discontinue use and seek immediate veterinary attention:
- Closing of the throat
- Difficulty breathing
- Swollen tongue
- Swollen face
- Swollen lips
Contact your veterinarian if your pet exhibits any of these serious reactions:
- Rapid weight gain
- Easy bruising
- Infrequent urination, or no urination at all
If your pet exhibits symptoms of any of the following less serious reactions, continue administering this medication but contact your veterinarian:
- Skin rash
- Mild itching
- Dry mouth
- Trouble sleeping
- Loss of appetite
Other side effects could also occur. Speak to your veterinarian if you notice any side effects that seems bothersome or unusual for your pet.
What special precautions are there?
- Do not administer to pregnant animals as it can cause birth defects.
- This medication could interact with aspirin or other NSAIDs, diuretics, and potassium supplements.
- Patients should be regularly monitored for serum electrolytes, renal function, and arterial blood pressure.
- Withdraw use if your pet shows an adverse reaction. Your veterinarian may recommend a longer dosing interval or a lower dose.
- Severely azotemic pets should begin with once-daily dosing and be closely monitored for renal function.
- Some dogs develop dependency on the effects of angiotensin II for maintenance of GFR. While uncommon, these dogs will not tolerate ACE inhibitors well.
- Do not administer to lactating pets.
What to do if overdose?
Contact your closest animal hospital.
How can I store Enalapril Tablet?
Store in a dry and cool environment.
Precautionarily, your veterinarian may require periodic liver and kidney tests while your pet is taking this drug.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.