Comfortis is a chewable tablet that kills fleas. It also treats and prevents flea infestations in dogs and cats for a month. Available with a veterinarian prescription. See our Flea and Tick chart to find which flea and tick product is right fit for your pet.
What is Comfortis Chewable Tablets for Dogs and Cats?
Comfortis is a monthly chewable flea tablet that kills fleas and controls flea infestations (Ctenocephalides felis). This easy to administer tablet kills fleas within 30 minutes and provides protection against fleas for 30 days. Comfortis is a prescription medication.
Who is Comfortis Chewable Tablets for Dogs and Cats for?
For puppies, dogs, kittens, and cats ages 14 weeks and up.
Why use Comfortis Chewable Tablets for Dogs and Cats?
Comfortis is a tasty, mess-free tablet with a beef flavor. Dogs and cats love the taste, making it easy for you to give to your pet each month. The chewable tablets work quickly, getting to work within 30 minutes and killing fleas before they start laying eggs. Comfortis works for 30 days. It does not wash off during bathing, and it's environmentally friendly.
How does Comfortis Chewable Tablets for Dogs and Cats work?
The primary ingredient, Spinosad, works by stimulating the nervous system of fleas, causing paralysis and rapid death.
Active ingredient(s): Spinosad
How is Comfortis Chewable Tablets for Dogs and Cats sold?
Comfortis tablets are sold depending on your pets weight and are available in 3 month, 6 month and 12 month supplies.
What are the side effects of Comfortis Chewable Tablets for Dogs and Cats?
Vomiting is the most common side effect of Comfortis. Other possible side effects, in order from most to least likely to occur, are:
- Lethargy or depression
- Decrease in appetite
What special precautions are there?
- Comfortis should not be given to kittens or puppies under 14 weeks old.
- Comfortis should be administered with caution to epileptic dogs or breeding females.
- Comfortis has not been evaluated for safety in breeding males.
What to do if overdose?
In case of overdose, contact your closest emergency pet hospital.
How can I store Comfortis Chewable Tablets for Dogs and Cats?
Store at room temperature between 68°-77° F.
- Comfortis treatment can begin immediately upon prescription, no matter the time of year. The best time to begin treatment is a month before flea season begins, and treatment should continue each month through the end of flea season.
- Certain areas see flea activity year-round. In these locations, Comfortis should be administered all year without interruption.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.